Advertiser Disclosure: FrequentFlyerBonuses.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFlyerBonuses.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Throughout the pandemic we have seen most airlines and hotels provide extensions of elite statuses, benefits, pausing point expiry and also lowering elite qualification requirements. Hilton Hotels who have done all of these for their Honors program numerous times over the past 18 months have announced a further extension to these global loyalty benefits:
- Extending status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status perks and benefits longer.
- Pausing Points expiration until Dec. 31, 2022, so members have more time to use their Points towards free nights at more than 6,600 Hilton hotels, exclusive Hilton Honors Experiences, live events, charitable donations and more.
- Relaxing 2022 qualifications around earning Status, Milestone Bonuses, and Status Gifting from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve.
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of every status level, so all completed 2021 nights automatically roll over and count toward 2022 tier qualifications.
The previous status extension from Hilton Honors saw members holding their status until March of 2022 but that has now been pushed out one more year so whatever status you have right now will remain in place until March 31, 2023. If you do happen to earn a higher status during the course of this year then that status will be what you will maintain until 2023.
The pausing of points expiration has been very welcome during the pandemic as so many people have not been able to use their points nor earn points during this time. It’s nice to see that being further extended by Hilton to the end of 2022. If for some reason you know that you won’t earn or redeem one point by then remember that you can always transfer some American Express Membership Rewards points to keep your account active.
The 2022 elite status relaxed qualification requirements will be as follows:
- Silver status at seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold status at 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond status at 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
The requirements to earn Milestone bonuses have also been reduced:
- 10,000 Bonus Points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10 additional nights (after 30 nights).
- One-time 30,000 Bonus Points at 60 nights.
And the gifting of status:
- A one-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member at 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status at 70 nights.
And some additional flexibility for U.S. American Express Hilton Cardmembers
- Free Weekend Night Certificates, including those issued in 2022 can continue to be used any night of the week (not just on weekends).
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express Card will continue to count as Base Points toward Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through Dec. 31, 2022.
What makes the 2022 elite status qualification requirements even more appealing is that any elite qualifying nights you have in 2021 will rollover to 2022 making it that much easier to qualify or re-qualify for status.
Image via Hilton