After a very short hiatus at the end of 2021 we see that United’s MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge returned on January 5th. The challenge looks the same as it has been for many years now and sees United matching to many airlines. When you submit your request for a match and are accepted you’ll receive status with United for 120 days and then within that time period if you meet the PQF and PQP requirements set out in the challenge you’ll retain status for the remainder of the year.
Elite Status Match that offers top-tier flyers of most other airlines a comparable status in the MileagePlus® program. Register by Jun 30, 22
Click here for more details
If you meet the criteria to participate in the Premier status match offer, your account will be upgraded to Premier Silver, Premier Gold or Premier Platinum status for 120 days based on the level you hold in your current frequent flyer program. To keep the matched Premier status for the remainder of the 2022 program year, you will need to earn a certain number of Premier qualifying flights (PQF) AND Premier qualifying points (PQP) on flights operated by United or United Express® within the 120-day Offer Period.
Looking for more United offers? Check out our MileagePlus Bonus Miles page!
United does provide a small list of the carriers they match to and the equivalent status that you’ll receive but note they will match to more airlines than what is listed:
Once you are accepted you’ll have 120 days to meet the following requirements to retain status:
Here are the key terms to this Status Match Challenge.
Please allow 7-14 business days for a response and for your account to be upgraded.
- Offer is not valid for members who have participated in the MileagePlus status match program or received a Premier Status exception within the last 5 years.
- Members who participated in the 2020 or 2021 Premier status match program and were not successful in qualifying for a Premier status through the offer will be allowed to request a match in the 2022 program, provided all other terms are satisfied.
- Members who hold elite status because of a trial or temporary elite status in the other airline program, are not eligible for the MileagePlus Premier status match program.
- Premier membership materials will be not issued for the 120-day Offer Period. You may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in. During the 120-day Offer Period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United’s partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
- Through this offer, you will not be able to qualify for a higher Premier status level than the one you are matched to in MileagePlus. For example, if you are matched to Premier Silver, you will not be able to earn Premier Gold status through this offer, even if you will fly more than the 6 PQF and earn more than 2,000 PQP on flights operated by United or United Express during the Offer Period. However, you will be able to qualify to a higher status level if you reach one of the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
- Upon meeting the PQF and PQP requirements to qualify for Premier Platinum status through this offer, members will be awarded 20 PlusPoints, which will be credited to their account within 7-10 business days. PlusPoints will not otherwise be awarded based on matched status or status reached through the MileagePlus Premier Status Match challenge
- If you are unable to complete both the PQF and PQP requirements within the 120-day Offer Period, your matched MileagePlus Premier status will expire, and you may be returned to a lower earned Premier level, or general member status, at United’s sole discretion.
- Qualifying PQF and PQP must be posted to your MileagePlus account.
Images via United