Details of the new Capital One Venture X Card came out last week but that was ahead of the actual launch of the card for actual applications. Well the card is now officially open to applications for and it will be one that I know a bunch of our readers will be adding to their credit card portfolio.
Here’s a quick rundown of the what the new Capital One Venture X Card offers:
- Limited time welcome offer of 75,000 bonus miles after spending $4000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 2X miles on every purchase
- 10x on hotels and rental cars booked via Capital One Travel
- 5X on flights booked via Capital One Travel
- Up to a $300 annual credit for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary (equal to $100 towards travel)
- Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges and 1,300+ Priority Pass lounges internationally
- A $100 credit for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, and so much more
The annual fee is $395 but don’t be pushed away by that number. Not only is it lower than comparable high end card the welcome bonus, mileage earning and credits offered on the card easily provide more value than that $395 outlay. On top of this, additional cards cost $0 – that’s right, no fee for authorized users (up to 4 of them) and those authorized users don’t just get a card to add to your points balance. They get a card ripe with many of the same benefits the primary cardholder gets like access to Capital One lounges, Priority Pass membership and more. Speaking of the Priority Pass benefit – it provides unlimited access for the cardholder and two guests. The benefits don’t end there as it also provides the top level elite status with Hertz which is President’s Circle status.
Capital One Miles transfer to many airline and hotel loyalty programs and at a very good 1:1 rate for most of them. On top of this Capital One also runs limited time transfer bonuses where you can get even more value out of each dollar you have spent on the card. These are the transfer partners:
- AeroMexico Club Premier 1:1
- Air Canada Aeroplan 1:1
- Air France KLM Flying Blue 1:1
- Avianca LifeMiles 1:1
- British Airways Executive Club 1:1
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles 1:1
- Emirates Skywards 1:1
- Etihad Guest 1:1
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands 2:1.5
- Finnair Plus 1:1
- Qantas Frequent Flyer 1:1
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer 1:1
- TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go 1:1
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles 1:1
- Wyndham Rewards 1:1
- ALL Accor Live Limitless 2:1
- Choice Privileges 1:1
- Wyndham Rewards 1:1
Overall Capital One has just released an amazing new product to the U.S. market that is a strong competitor to the other higher end card products – all with a lower annual fee and those amazing benefits being afforded to $0 authorized user cards. Now we will have to watch to see what those competitors do in response to this latest offering from Capital One.
FrequentFlyerBonuses.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFlyerBonuses.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.