Advertiser Disclosure: has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.

a gift miles coupon with text

Yet another buy miles bonus has emerged, the 12th one for this month. This one is for members of Alitalia’s MilleMiglia program and we felt it deserved mention as not only is it a buy miles bonus but there is also a discount on the price of the miles at the same time! That being said, with the bonus and the discount the offer is just OK as you end up buying the miles at 1.5 Euro cents each (or about 2.1 US Cents each) Not as good as the ~1.5 US cents we see with Avianca LifeMiles or ~1.8 US Cents with US Airways Dividend Miles but not that far off. You must also be aware that when you redeem for a flight award with MilleMiglia only 75% of that award can be ‘bought’ miles, the other 25% must have come from earning the miles with Alitalia or any of their partners. Finally you can buy a maximum of 40,000 miles per year so with this bonus you can max out 52,000 miles for EUR800.

Invalid request error occurred.

Ultimately this buy miles offer is best utilized by those who are close to an award redemption and only need a few thousand miles to reach it as the incremental value of these miles could be much higher than the 1.5/2.1 cents spent for them.

Here is the offer as it will appear on our MilleMiglia Bonus Miles page:

30% Bonus MilleMiglia Miles and a 20% discount when you buy or gift MilleMiglia miles. Full details Until May 31, 14

Please follow and like us:

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *