With the amalgamation of Continental into United being completed over the next few days, United and Continental both pulled their credit cards off for a day or so to prepare for the updated version of the United Mileage Plus Explorer Card. Today I received notice from Chase on the updated card and it doesn’t really look like anything has changed.
The updated card features the following:
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus miles & first year free, a $95 value* (25k after first use, 5k after auth user and first use, 10k after $25k in spend)
- First checked bag is free for you and a companion when you fly United flights, up to a $50 value
- Board your flight before general boarding with priority boarding privileges
- Visit the United Club with two complimentary day passes every year, up to a $100 value
- Earn 2 miles for each $1 spent on airline tickets purchased from United and 1 mile per $1 for everything else
- Your miles don’t expire and there is no limit to the number of miles you can earn