Advertiser Disclosure: FrequentFlyerBonuses.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFlyerBonuses.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Bonus Offer Picks of the Week actually covers two weeks as we had a nice vacation in-between the days we added new bonus offers to 28 various airline and hotel programs.
Bonus Offer For Flying
The majority of the flight offers added were route specific or residency restricted so it was tough to pick one that really stood out:
Sun Country UFly: Double UFly Points when you fly to/from Minneapolis/St. Paul or Washington D.C. Full Details. Book by Sep 15 for travel until Nov 15, 11
Bonus Offer For Staying (Airline Miles)
This category was quite a bit easier as we only added new offers to 5 airlines (that may be the lowest ever)
Air Canada Aeroplan: Earn up to 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you convert hotel loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles.
Bonuses are as follows (per hotel partner, not total between them all)
Convert to 5,000 miles receive 1,000 bonus miles
Convert to 10,000 miles receive 2,000 bonus miles
Convert to 25,000 miles receive 5,000 bonus miles
Full details and online registration (Registration is required)
Until Sep 18, 11
Bonus Offer For Staying (Hotel Points)
With 4 new system wide offers released over the past two weeks this category was a tough decision but we give to the offer with the least amount of restrictions:
Starwood Preferred Guest: Earn up to Triple Starpoints for stays at more than 875 participating hotels and resorts worldwide.
* Earn triple Starpoints on stays including a Thursday or Sunday night
* Earn double Starpoints on all other stays
There is no limit to number of bonus Starpoints you can earn.
Full Details, Registration & Online Booking
Register by Nov 15, 11 for stays Sep 6 – Dec 18, 11
Bonus Offer For Driving
These past two weeks saw some nice new car rental offers with this one being our favourite:
Continental OnePass: arn up to 3,000 Bonus OnePass miles on a qualifying rental at participating Avis airport locations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean
* 500 bonus miles for a 1-2 day rental – Coupon # MUAA018
* 1,000 bonus miles for a 3-4 day rental – Coupon # MUAA019
* 3,000 bonus miles for rentals of 5 days or more with Avis – Coupon # MUAA020
Use coupon # from above when you book online at Avis.com. Until Sep 30, 11
Bonus Offer For Other Activities
The return of US Airways Grand Slam promotion easily takes our pick here:
US Airways Dividend Miles: Earn up to 110,000 Bonus Dividend Miles with the 2011 Grand Slam promotion. Earn bonus miles depending on the number of ‘hits’ you earn from non-flight Dividend Miles activity. Full Details and Online Registration (Registration is required) Sep 14 – Nov 14, 11
Total number of hits Total bonus miles awarded
4 hits 3,000 miles
8 hits 10,000 miles
12 hits 15,000 miles
16 hits 25,000 miles (2,000 of which are Preferred-qualifying miles)
20 hits 35,000 miles
24 hits 45,000 miles (5,000 of which are Preferred-qualifying miles)
28 hits 60,000 miles
32 hits 80,000 miles
36 hits 100,000 miles
40 hits 110,000 miles (10,000 of which are Preferred-qualifying miles)
How to earn hits
1. Earn 1 hit when you buy a new US Airways Club membership or renew your current club membership during this promotion (max 1 hit per member).
2. Earn 1 hit for every credit or debit card use per card type. You can earn this bonus once for each unique card partner: US Airways MasterCard, US Airways Business Card, US Airways Visa, US Airways Visa Business Card and US Airways debit card.
3. Earn 1 hit for every mileage-earning stay with a hotel partner (max 6 hits per member). There are 11 hotel families representing over 70 hotel brands: Best Western, Carlson Hotels (Radisson), Choice Hotels, Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands, Hyatt, InterContinental Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, WORLDHOTELS and Wyndham Hotels Group.
4. Earn 1 hit for every mileage-earning car rental with a car partner (max 6 hits per member). There are 8 car partners: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National, Sixt and Thrifty.
5. Earn 1 hit when you convert hotel points from a hotel partner into Dividend Miles (max 1 hit per hotel partner). There are 9 hotel partners: Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, InterContinental Hotel Group (Priority Club), Marriott Rewards, Radisson (Club Carlson), Starwood Hotels (SPG) and Wyndham Rewards.
6. Earn 1 hit when you make a qualifying purchase at the US Airways Dividend Miles Shopping Mall. Maximum 1 hit regardless of number of merchants used at the Shopping Mall. Purchases of SkyMall merchandise does not count towards Shopping Mall, but does count as a unique hit.
7. Earn 1 hit when you download and perform 3 searches.
8. Earn 1 hit when you buy miles at usairways.com or points.com.
9. Earn 1 hit when you share miles at usairways.com or points.com.
10. Earn 1 hit when you swap other points into Dividend Miles at points.com.
11. Earn 1 hit when you Buy up to Preferred.
12. Earn 1 hit when you buy ‘Trial Preferred’ status.
13. Earn 1 hit with each of our other Dividend Miles partners, such as Sentry Insurance, SkyMall, FTD.com and LifeLock.
Only members with Preferred status are eligible to earn the top bonus level (40 hits for a total of 110,000 bonus miles). If you begin the promotion without Preferred status but earn status by flying or by buying Preferred status through the ‘Buy up to Preferred’ or ‘Trial Preferred’ programs during the promotional period, you will be eligible for the top bonus level.