Advertiser Disclosure: FrequentFlyerBonuses.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFlyerBonuses.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Virgin Australia Velocity have added an interesting boost to those who successfully apply for one of their credit cards with an annual fee. For those Velocity member who do so by March 31, 2023 they can choose an additional bonus over and above what is already being offered on the card.
There is only one small catch to receiving one of these member exclusive bonuses and that is you must choose which one you would like to receive before you apply for a card. If you happen to have applied for a card on or after February 13, 2023 without making a selection you can still do so after the fact. You can make your selection here.
There are three options to choose from and they are as follows:
30,000 bonus points
If you choose this option you’ll receive 30,000 bonus Velocity Points over and above the points offered on the cards. With Velocity co-brand cards offering up to 120,000 points you could end up with 150,000 points in total.
250 Status Credits
If you choose this option you’ll receive 250 Velocity Status Credits over and above the points offered on the cards. This means you will have reached one of the two steps to Velocity Silver Elite status and would only need to complete 2 sectors on Virgin Australia. For those with status this could help you reach the next level up.
$200 Coles Gift Card
If you choose this option you’ll receive a $200 Coles Gift Card over and above the points offered on the cards.
The eligible cards
These are the Velocity credit cards eligible for this offer along with their current welcome bonus offers:
- American Express Velocity Platinum Card – Up to 100,000 bonus Points
- Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card – Up to 100,000 bonus Points
- Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card – Up to 100,000 bonus Points
- Westpac Altitude Black Card – Up to 120,000 bonus Points
- Westpac Altitude Platinum Card – 75,000 bonus Points
- American Express Velocity Business Card – 100,000 bonus Points
- Bank of Queensland Specialist Signature Card – 20,000 bonus Points
- Bank of Queensland Specialist Platinum Card – 10,000 bonus Points
Click here to learn more about this offer
Images via Virgin Australia