The U.S. version of The Business Platinum Card from American Express underwent a refresh that launched today. The card sees new benefits (namely statement credits) added and an increased welcome bonus from 100,000 to 120,000 points. Of course adding these comes at a cost and that is an increase to the annual fee from $595 to $695 as of January 13, 2022 for new and existing cardmembers.
Here are the new spending benefits that have been added to the card:
- New 1.5x Membership Rewards® points earned on purchases for up to $2 million per calendar year across new categories that include:
- Electronic goods retailers and software and cloud system providers
- Construction materials and hardware supplies
- Shipping providers
- All in addition to 1.5x points earned on large purchases over $5,000
- Dell Technologies: Up to $400 annual statement credit on all Dell purchases, up to $200 semi-annually. This is a $200 increase from the existing Dell benefit for Business Platinum Card Members.
- Indeed: Up to $360 annual statement credit on all Indeed hiring and recruiting products and services to post open positions and find quality talent, up to $90 per quarter.
- Adobe: $150 annual statement credit on select purchases, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Wireless Credit: Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month.
The card still retains all of its other benefits like CLEAR Membership statement credit, global lounge access, annual airline fee credit and more.
120,000 Membership Rewards Points when you spend $15,000 in purchases on your new The Business Platinum Card from American Express in your first 3 months. Click here to learn more.
• Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
• Get 5X Membership Rewards(R) points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards(R) points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
• Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
• $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
• $179 CLEAR(R) Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR(R) membership.
• Access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting with The American Express Global Lounge Collection(R). More lounge options than any other credit card on the market as of 8/2020.
• $595 Annual Fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022).
• Terms Apply.
FrequentFlyerBonuses.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFlyerBonuses.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.