Marriott let us know today that they have brought back their elite status match offer. For a limited time elite members of Hilton Honors, World of Hyatt, ALL Accor Live Limitless and IHG Rewards Club can have their status matched in the Marriott Bonvoy program for 90 days. Then if you complete a set number of nights within those 90 days you’ll get to keep your Marriott Bonvoy status until February 2022.
Here are the details of the offer as provided to FFB by Marriott:
Eligible members of these four competitor programs will receive either reciprocating Gold or Platinum elite status in Marriott Bonvoy. In order to maintain their Marriott Bonvoy status through February of 2022, those eligible for Gold elite status will have stay at least five nights at any of the more than 7,400 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy within 90 days. Those eligible for the higher Platinum elite status will have to stay at least 15 nights within the 90-day period.
What is in it for Hilton Honors members?
- If you currently have Gold or Diamond elite status in Hilton Honors, the reciprocating status challenge offer is Platinum elite status in Marriott Bonvoy.
What is in it for Hyatt members?
- If you currently have Explorist elite status in World of Hyatt, the reciprocating status challenge offer is Gold elite status in Marriott Bonvoy.
- If you currently have Globalist elite status in World of Hyatt, the reciprocating status challenge offer is Platinum elite status in Marriott Bonvoy.
What is in it for Accor Live Limitless members?
- If you currently have Gold elite status in Accor Live Limitless, the reciprocating status challenge offer is Gold elite status in Marriott Bonvoy.
- If you currently have Platinum or Diamond elite status in Accor Live Limitless, the reciprocating status challenge offer is Platinum elite status in Marriott Bonvoy.
What is in it for IHG Rewards Club members?
- If you currently have Platinum or Spire elite status in IHG Rewards Club, the reciprocating status challenge offer is Platinum elite status in Marriott Bonvoy.
What is in it for Marriott Bonvoy Base and Silver elite members?
- If they qualify based on their status in any of the other four programs, they may take advantage of the Marriott Bonvoy status challenge.
Here is useful information
You must be a member of Marriott Bonvoy to register for the status challenge
The 90-day period begins when the member is officially upgraded
It is recommended to register soon because the number of registrations will determine how long the status challenge will be available
To determine eligibility and register for the status challenge, click here
It may take a few days to determine eligibility
Eligibility requires uploading proof of corresponding elite status in one of the four competitor programs and at least one stay in the prior 12 months from the registration date at a participating property in that program
If members complete the challenge, it counts toward Lifetime status
Some key points to take note of with this promotion:
- You will want to time it right so that you can complete the 5 nights for Gold or 15 for Platinum to keep your status until February 2022 unless you know you’ll only have one stay in the next three months and won’t be staying at Marriott Hotels more than this one time in the next year and half then you can just match for the heck of it for that one stay.
- Also note they are stating the offer could be capped so they are recommending you register sooner than later.
- To be eligible you can’t just have status in one of the other four programs (ie free status from a credit card). You have to have status and at least one stay with that chain in the past 12 months.
If you don’t hold status with Marriott right now (or want to boost your status) and have status with one of these other chains you should see if you can take advantage of this offer – even if it simply by completing some staycations! Seeing that hotel prices are depressed right now it may not cost a lot to complete the challenge to have status until 2022. Perhaps you are sick of working from home so you could make a local Marriott Hotel an office for those 5 to 15 days and earn the status and so on! Not to mention you could write off the stay if you are self employed or maybe you could have your employer pay for it! There are lots of ways to get creative with this so if you are going to accept the challenge let us know in the comments below on how you plan on achieving your nights in 90 days!
And be sure to check these other Marriott Bonvoy offers:
- 2,500 Bonus Bonvoy Points per stay at any participating Marriott Hotel Worldwide. Plus earn a one time bonus of 5,000 points when you complete 3 stays. Full details, online registration and booking (Registration is required)
- 2,000 Bonus Bonvoy Points PER NIGHT for stays at all participating Courtyard Hotels in the U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Latin America Full details and online booking
- Earn 100,000 Bonus Miles with the Marriot Bonvoy Boundless Visa Signature Credit Card after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Full details
FrequentFlyerBonuses.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. FrequentFlyerBonuses.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.