Air Canada has come out with an early Boxing Day offer of 100% bonus
Aeroplan Miles (double miles) on all eligible flights that are booked
today and tomorrow. The offer is good for flights flown between January 9
and April 3, 2019. Once again the terms state only the first person on a
reservation gets the bonus (come on Air Canada, that’s the worst term
and condition possible, even worse than the New Bookings only that we
see with all their promotions) so if you are booking for more than one
person you’ll either forego the bonus miles for the rest of the people on your
reservation or have everyone book their own flights to maximize them miles earned.
Terms of this offer:
- You must be an Aeroplan Member. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan website (www.aeroplan.comExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines.) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles for eligible flights flown will be awarded for new bookings only made between December 21 and 22, 2018, by 19:59 Eastern Time inclusively, for travel on eligible flights between January 9, 2019, and April 3, 2019.
- To qualify as new, the booking must have been created for the first
time during the eligible promotional period with a new reference
number. Any booking made prior to the start of the promotion that is
subsequently changed to include travel dates within the qualifying
travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for
- The Bonus Aeroplan Miles for this offer will only be credited to the
first passenger with their Aeroplan Number listed (appended) on the
reservation. Should this passenger cancel his/her flights, the Bonus
Aeroplan Miles will be awarded to the next passenger with their Aeroplan
Number listed, which is now the first listed on the reservation.
- Only valid on eligible scheduled direct flights within Canada, from
Canada to the U.S. and from Canada to sun destinations operated by
Air Canada, Air Canada Express® and Air Canada Rouge®, for travel
between January 9, 2019, and April 3, 2019.
- To qualify for the 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles, the eligible round
trips or two one-way segments must be travelled in the following
eligible fare options:
- 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –
Economy Standard; Economy Flex; comfort; Economy Latitude; Premium
Economy lowest; Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge; Business Class
lowest; Business Class flexible.
- For example, for itineraries booked in an Economy Flex fare option,
100% of the bonus mileage will be assessed for every two segments. When
booking an Economy Flex fare option and travelling from Vancouver (YVR)
to Toronto (YYZ), basic mile accumulation amounts to 2,078 Aeroplan
Miles per segment, for a total of 4,156 Aeroplan Miles per round trip.
Based on the 100% Aeroplan Miles promotion, a member would earn an
additional 4,156 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, which is based on the accrual
percentage when purchasing an Economy Flex fare. For more information
regarding earning Aeroplan Miles, please click hereExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines..
- 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be applied exclusively towards miles
earned based on the distance flown as per the fare mileage accrual rule.
The class of service bonus miles and miles earned in conjunction with
Altitude® Bonus Select Privileges are excluded.
- To be eligible to receive the Bonus Aeroplan Miles, you must provide your Aeroplan Number when completing your purchase.
- A minimum of one round trip or two one-way segments is required to earn and qualify for the 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles promotion.
- Valid on published fares and Flight Passes that are eligible for
Aeroplan Mile accumulation. Offer is not valid when travelling on an
Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass.
- Not valid on published fares that do not allow for Aeroplan Mile accumulation.
- Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards Air Canada AltitudeTM status.
- Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the qualifying flights are completed.
- Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, Last-Minute Paid Upgrades, Star
Alliance® Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this promotion
based on the eligibility of the original fare purchased.
- Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible for mileage accumulation.
- Bonus Aeroplan Miles cannot be sold and are non-transferable. They
have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash or refunded if
- Offer is subject to change at Air Canada’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.